Coats Dabond AW is a bonded, twisted continuous filament polyester with an anti-wicking finish. This function prevents the capillary action of water taken up the thread and penetrating a sewn seam, a prerequisite for water repellent seams. Combining superior sewing performance with excellent UV and abrasion protection, Coats Dabond AW is specifically designed to provide resistance against harsh weather conditions and can withstand UV degradation in all outdoor applications that are exposed to marine water and sunlight.
It is 12 oz and 2500 meters, 2734 yards. It is close to Sunbrella Pacific Blue color at the Sunbrella Marine Catalog.
- Boat tops
- Flags and bunting
- Military applications
- Hot air balloons
- Lift slings
- Tie downs
- Applications requiring vinyl and chlorine bleach-fastness
Features & Benefits
- Coats Dabond AW has excellent UV resistance for applications exposed to marine water and sunlight
- Unique bonding technology that safeguards against ply untwisting in zig zag sewing and can sew through many layers of heavily finished fabric
- Dual level lubricated finish for needle heat protection and smooth sewing
- Excellent bleach, mildew and rot resistance
- Coats Dabond AW is the only environmentally friendly bonded polyester thread available in the market
- The industry standard for sail making and other outdoor and marine applications
- 'Z' left twist, suitable for single needle high speed industrial sewing machine
- Bonded and lubricated for resistance to needle heat
- 'Anti-wick' combines superior sewability and a permanent additive that blocks water migrating through seams
- A variety of colours to choose from including black, white, navy, marine blue, silver grey, beige, forest green, red, etc.
Thread Dabond AW CA42 Blue UV 12 oz.
- Brand: Coats
- Product Code: R-142
- Availability: In Stock